1. Spook-ify your Brand - Having a Halloween-themed logo opens up the opportunity to give away Halloween swag – stick your spooky logo on tee shirts, trick-or-treat bags and pretty much anything you want!
2. Offer Bone-chilling Discounts and Sales - Take advantage of the ‘Halloween revenue bonanza’ by creating a Halloween-themed bundle of products that can be purchased at a discount. I.E:
- A pet store might offer a bundle that includes 3 bags of dog treats and a Halloween toy.
- If you have a store, offer a discount to customers who come into your store in their costumes on Halloween day.
- Offer a discount to your first 10 customers - online and offline.
- Promote a special discount or giveaway to the first 10 or 5 people who leave a comment on your Facebook or Instagram post published on the Halloween day.
3. Be a Trick-or-Treat Stop - This is a great way to get people coming to you. Decorate your business space and be ready with candy for trick-or-treaters. Invite clients to bring their pets and have water and treats at your brick & mortar’s door for our furry friends.
4. Host a Ghoulishly Delightful Contest or Giveaway - Consider doing a photo or video contest, where people submit photos or videos of costumes, décor or carved pumpkins. If you sell products, ask your audience to summit visuals featuring your products. The prize doesn’t have to be huge. You can offer a gift card, a special feature on your blog or a discount on your own product/services.
5. Host or Sponsor a Hauntingly Horrific Event - Hosting an event is a great way to get people through the door if you have a brick & mortar location. Turn your space into a bone-chilling Haunted House:
- Host a pumpkin carving workshop or a “punkin chunkin” contest after Halloween
- Have spook-tacular branded treats and decor. If the budget is low, there is always the opportunity to stick a logo to plastic cups, print mini banners with logo and food/drink descriptions. Check this video for inspiration on how to create a ridiculously affordable creepy cocktail! (you choose to use alcohol or not!)
- Conduct a costume contest/giveaway
- Give branded gift-bags
- Partner or hire a Photo Booth, for guests to take pictures and share them online. Brand the pictures with your logo and URL to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to your website
- Do you have an online store? Host a Google hangout or webinar where attendees have to show up in costumes and conduct a live voting contest. Whoever wins gets a free product, a 15 min. free consultation, a special whitepaper or a discount.
There are so many fun and easy ways to incorporate Halloween into our small biz marketing, so you’ve got nothing to lose! Make no bones about it, in the end, being creative and connecting with our customers is the important part for our small business.
Do you have any plans to spookify your business this Halloween? What haunted marketing tricks have scored you more business?